Have been busy painting a Ultramarines commission project, 10 tactical Marines and a Rhino. Finally managed to complete it and got it delivered. The last time I painted Ultramarines Squad was also a commission project Assault on Black Reach. This time, this project of Marines required a bit more icon / banner customization. But I sure had lot of fun painting the Marines and the custom icons.
Its been a while since I painted a Rhino as well. Come to think of it, my last Rhino was my Grey Knights Rhino. Was real excited to get a Rhino painted. Recently I have been looking airbrushes, and I was wishing I had an airbrush to paint the Rhino. But my plan to purchase an airbrush is on hold until I setup a proper work space for it. So I thought I try some dry brushing highlight techniques suggested by Melvin a while back. Basically the light and highlighted portion on the Rhino is achieved by using an old brush, with a mix of Ultramarines Blue and Skull White, and really little and dry dry paint on the brush, and keep brushing in circular motion. And thats the cool highlighted effect.
So much for the Ultramarines, had a lot of fun as usual painting them. And, hope Matthew and Sam enjoy it as well. Meantime, I’ve got another commission project lining up, been a busy month. I got to squeeze some little time for my Wyches which is lying around too long, haha.
FOR THE EMPEROR!